Friday, December 23, 2016

PRESIDENT DUTERTE APOLOGIZES TO FORMER PRESIDENT ARROYO FOR HIS FOUL MOUTH



President Duterte seems bitten by the Christmas spirit nowadays, he has been saying sorry for his rampant cursing in public. 

In a speech on Thursday, Duterte managed to say sorry for his foul mouth before his audience whom included the former president and now Rep. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. 

”Anyway it is getting late. I would like to apologize to the President for my language. Minsan kasi ang bunganga ko. Tama iyan hindi ko pa naisip, lumalabas na,[sometimes my mouth, that's right.. its already coming out of my mouth without minding it]” he said.

At the start of his speech, Duterte recalled that Mrs. Arroyo had invited him frequently in Malacanang during her term as his adviser for peace and order. He declined a cabinet post because he was then Davao City mayor. 

'"Nong panahon pa ni Presidente Arroyo, ako po’y nakasali sa activity ng national government[during president Arroyo's term, I was involve in national government activities]. I was taken in by her, parang[like] consultant, adviser, but that’s a Cabinet post. Hindi ako pwedeng maghawak ng dalawang pwesto[I cannot handle 2 positions at same time]. Kaya consultant lang ako,[that is why I am only a consultant]” he said.

"She wanted me to join government at that time but I consistently refused, since Ramos, DILG,‘yan hanggang sabi ko['til I said], ‘Ma’am, get me just as a adviser sa public order and security," he added. This experience gave him an insight of the problems of the nation in a wider scale, Duterte said.

“So I used to go in Malacañang even at night just to talk to the President and meetings. So alam ko ang sitwasyon ng bayan[so I know the country's situation], more or less because I was there. When I was governor, I knew that we had a very—no, mayor rather...
When I was a mayor of Davao City I knew that we had a very, very serious problem, drugs. Alam ko,[I know]” he said. 

“Pero hindi ko talaga alam kung gaano kalalim ang tama ng bayan[But I actually did not realize how fatal is our country's drug porblem]. But in my city, it was to me a very serious, very serious problem,” the President said.




Share this story and like us on Facebook! 

DISCLAIMER: Contributed articles does not reflect the view of JuanSipag.com. This website cannot guarantee the legitimacy of some of the information contributed to us. You may do additional research if you find some information doubtful.


COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by JuanSipag.com. Comments are views by JuanSipag.com readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of JuanSipag.com. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with JuanSipag.com editorial standards, JuanSipag.com may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment